The Prime Minister’s Education Assistance Trust is provided by the Bangladesh Government to the meritorious and unprivileged students of Bangladesh. It is unfortunate that a lot of the students have to stop pursuing further studies due to financial issues. This scholarship enables the meritorious and unprivileged students to continue their studies without facing financial problems, ensuring their bright future.
The Prime Minister’s Education Assistance Trust
The Prime Minister’s Education Assistance Trust is a scholarship given from the Prime Minister’s Education Assistance Trust by the Bangladesh Government. This scholarship is meant for the poor and meritorious students of honors’ and equivalent level. The trust fund is opened under the Ministry of Education, to provide scholarship to unprivileged students based on their merit. An advisory council headed by the Prime Minister of Bangladesh manages this trust fund.
What is offered in the Prime Minister Trust Fund Scholarship?
The benefits of The Prime Minister’s Education Assistance Trust are given below:
- Monthly payment
- Covers the tuition fee
- Covers the expenses of books
- Covers examination fees
The purpose of The Prime Minister’s Education Assistance Trust
- To increase the students and motivate them to pursue Honors’ study
- To increase the scope of jobs and income
- Eradicating poverty and achieving gender equality
- Social and culture development
Eligibility for The Prime Minister’s Education Assistance Trust
It is not possible for everyone to get the scholarship as much as it would help them. But there is no harm in trying. Receiving this scholarship will ensure the completion of your degree without stumbling upon financial problems. Below is the eligibility list for The Prime Minister’s Education Assistance Trust:
Students can apply for the scholarship if they are a student at following institutions:
- National University of Bangladesh
- Seven colleges affiliated with Dhaka university
- Student of Islamic Arabic University
- Student of Madrasa Degree Pass Course
- Student of 1st year, 2nd year, 3rd year and 4th year of Degree colleges
- Any student equivalent to the previously mentioned criteria
- Students who are the children of freedom fighter, orphan students, students with disability, students from impoverished families will be given priority
The application will not be valid if:
- The student is not Bangladeshi
- If the family income of the student is higher than 1,00,000 BDT
- If the student is irregular in class
- If the student does not fall into the institution criteria mentioned
How will students apply for the Prime Minister Trust Fund Scholarship?
Students who are eligible for the Prime Minister Trust Fund Scholarship can apply for the scholarship online through form. The application form can be found on the official website of the Prime Minister, as well as governmental official websites.
- Firstly, visit the http://www.pmedutrust.gov.bd website
- Then, click on the option called “Apply Online Application”
- After that fill out the form carefully
- Make sure you did not provide any false information by mistake
- Click on the “Submit” option when you are done
- You can afterwards print the form
Information needed for the form:
- The code no. of the institution related to the stipend
- The name of the institution
- The postal code of the institution and address
- The contact number of the institution
After that the students need to input their own information in the form. They include:
- Student’s name and status
- Parents’ name
- Birth date and address
- Contact info
- Details of Higher Secondary School Certificate
- Parents’ occupation and income
- Any special case if applicable
You can check the result on this link: http://www.pmedutrust.gov.bd/site/view/notices.
We hope this article helped you in gaining an idea about The Prime Minister’s Education Trust If you are an eligible student, we highly encourage you to apply for the scholarship. For any further confusion, check out the notice provided on the links our website ejobslink.com. We wish you all the good luck for the future.